Extra flavour added to this year’s Food and Drink Festival as trio of celeb chefs - Jean-Christophe Novelli, Jack Stein and Ian Cumming join the line up
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s best kept secret has been revealed: the celebrity chef line-up for 2016’s Food and Drink Festival.
The first of three chefs to appear at this year’s festival, which takes place on May 1 and 2, is Jean-Christophe Novelli - the award-winning French chef and Michelin star restaurateur.
Joining him will be Jack Stein, son of Rick and executive chef of the Stein restaurants. He will be relaying stories of restaurant life from Padstow and cooking up a flavoursome fish dish.
The final chef on the books is local talent, Ian Cumming. The Cambridge-based photographer and Great British Bake Off 2015 finalist will be demonstrating his creative talents, as well as giving the low down on his new celebrity status.
Tracey Harding, East Cambridgeshire District Council’s tourism and town centres manager, said: “This year’s festival is going to be bigger and better than ever, with something for everyone to enjoy.
“So whether it’s having a go at the World Eel Throwing Competition on Eel Day, sampling some great local food or browsing our many independent shops and vibrant markets, Ely is definitely the place to be on Spring bank holiday weekend.”
Along with playing host to a trio of top chefs, there will also be appearances from local chefs and demonstrators. These will all take place within the Cookery Theatre on Palace Green.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 6 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 7 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 8 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 9 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 10 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
There will also be an array of artisan traders and an expanded Street Food Scene, comprising of a range of culinary delights.
The festival, sponsored by G’s Fresh, Grovemere Holdings, Labour Tech Recruitment and Ely Gin Company, is part of the Eel Festival weekend - which runs from April 29 to May 2.
For more information about the festival visit: www.visitely.org.uk