Extra care tenants say aloha to summer with food and games at Hawaiian-themed party
- Credit: Archant
Barbecue food, floral garlands and an appearance by Elvis awaited tenants at a party held at a Burwell extra care scheme.
Sanctuary’s Ness Court, in Baker Drive, held the Hawaiian-themed event as a way to bring the residents closer to their neighbours at the scheme.
Residents enjoyed a range of games and had the opportunity to win raffle prizes donated by staff.
Sanctuary employees John Bird and John Knappett served up a variety of meat treats from the scheme’s barbecue, while staff handed out floral garlands to residents and other colleagues.
Elvis tribute act Ian Colson performed a number of The King’s hits, finishing with The Wonder of You.
Staff from Radis Community Care, which provides care at Ness Court, got stuck in and helped decorate residents’ apartments for the day’s events.
Jenny Brassett, services manager, said: “Extra care schemes like Ness Court are essentially a community for the residents who live there.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 3 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 4 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 5 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 8 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 9 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 10 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
“For that reason, we’re always talking with them and finding new and entertaining twists on events that we can organise, based on what they’d like to do at the scheme.”