Senior Anglia Ruskin University lecturer on day three of ‘Extinction Rebellion hunger strike’ outside Ely Cathedral
- Credit: Supplied/Linda Homan
A senior university lecturer is starving herself outside Ely Cathedral for Extinction Rebellion.
Linda Homan of Anglia Ruskin University is on day three of her week-long hunger strike as part of a nationwide mission from Extinction Rebellion.
Ms Homan has eight grandchildren, all aged under 5, and says she wants them to "have a better world to grow up in".
She said: "I need to take strong meds, three times a day, and I so I will have half a banana to take these meds with. That will be the only food I have for the seven days.
"I am hunger striking as I have eight grandchildren all aged 5 and under, and I want them to have a better world to grow up in.
You may also want to watch:
"This will only happen if governments move to protect our environment now! This hunger strike is the least I can do.
"I plan to be outside, or inside, Ely Cathedral most of these days at lunch time, except Sunday when I will be there from 9.30 until 11am."
- 1 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 2 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 6 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
- 9 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed