Extension could house new pharmacy at village medical centre
- Credit: Archant
Building work is due to begin on a new pharmacy and improved waiting area at a medical centre in Littleport.
Builders are expected to start work imminently on a new extension at St George’s Medical Centre, in Parsons Lane, that will house a new pharmacy.
In an announcement to patients, the centre said: “We understand that this work will take around 24 weeks and once completed we hope to be able to offer on-site pharmacy facilities once again.
“In the mean time there should be minimal disruption to the day to day activities of the surgery but we would appreciate your patience and understanding as there will be times when we will need to use an alternative front door.
“There will also be some minor changes to the waiting room including the installation of air conditioning.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year, St George’s applied to the district council for permission to build an extension to the existing medical centre to house a stand-alone pharmacy.
As part of the plans, a new lobby will be created which will improve the entrance to the facility.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
Back in November, national pharmaceutical chain LloydsPharmacy confirmed plans to relocate to the vacant pharmacy at St George’s Medical Centre, in Parsons Lane, from its store in Main Street.
Alchemy Pharmaceuticals, which used to operate in the medical centre, was asked to leave last summer and has since submitted plans to open a new pharmacy in Parsons Lane, just yards from the medical centre.