Extension could house new pharmacy at village medical centre
- Credit: Archant
Building work is due to begin on a new pharmacy and improved waiting area at a medical centre in Littleport.
Builders are expected to start work imminently on a new extension at St George’s Medical Centre, in Parsons Lane, that will house a new pharmacy.
In an announcement to patients, the centre said: “We understand that this work will take around 24 weeks and once completed we hope to be able to offer on-site pharmacy facilities once again.
“In the mean time there should be minimal disruption to the day to day activities of the surgery but we would appreciate your patience and understanding as there will be times when we will need to use an alternative front door.
“There will also be some minor changes to the waiting room including the installation of air conditioning.”
Last year, St George’s applied to the district council for permission to build an extension to the existing medical centre to house a stand-alone pharmacy.
As part of the plans, a new lobby will be created which will improve the entrance to the facility.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Back in November, national pharmaceutical chain LloydsPharmacy confirmed plans to relocate to the vacant pharmacy at St George’s Medical Centre, in Parsons Lane, from its store in Main Street.
Alchemy Pharmaceuticals, which used to operate in the medical centre, was asked to leave last summer and has since submitted plans to open a new pharmacy in Parsons Lane, just yards from the medical centre.