Explore beautiful RSPB Lakenheath Fen by taking part in Race for Wildlife
- Credit: Archant
Wildlife enthusiasts can do their bit for a Fenland nature reserve by lacing up their trainers and taking part in an annual Race for Wildlife on Sunday October 18.
Staff and volunteers at RSPB Lakenheath Fen are inviting people of all ages to join them for their annual Race for Wildlife on Sunday 18th October.
Two multi-terrain courses of five and 10 kilometres will take participants on a scenic tour of the nature reserve’s different habitats, with a two kilometre family fun run taking in some grassy tracks and the Brandon Fen family trail.
David White, RSPB visitor experience officer at Lakenheath Fen, said: “While we call the event a Race for Wildlife we want to stress that running competitively is purely optional!
“The 10km race will follow routes normally closed to visitors, so participants will be able to see a whole new side of Lakenheath Fen- more than enough reason for those of us who prefer to enjoy our wildlife at a more leisurely pace to take this opportunity to explore the new parts of the reserve by walking the course.
“So many people love coming to the reserve and having the opportunity to get close to rare wildlife like bitterns, otters and cranes.
“The money people raise through the Race for Wildlife will help to make sure we can continue our work to give nature a home here at Lakenheath Fen long into the future.”
- 1 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 2 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 3 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 4 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 5 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 6 Hand clinic offering additional type of treatment for arthritis sufferers
- 7 Princess Anne visits Wisbech's new Citizens Advice Bureau on Cambs trip
- 8 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree arrives at Ely Cathedral
Entry is £10 per participant for the 5km and 10km distances. Register in advance for 10km and 5km via www.wegottickets.com/lakenheath or by sending a cheque payable to the RSPB to the reserve office.
Registration for the 2km family fun run will be on the day and the cost is £2.50 per child.
For more information, call 01842 863400 or e-mail email@example.com. Alternatively, go to www.rspb.org.uk/lakenheathfen