Exhibition to provoke reaction
FOUR internationally-recognised artists are exhibiting their work at Ely s Babylon Gallery until February 11. The exhibition, entitled Uncanny Tales, features the work of London-based artists Marcelle Hanselaar, Oona Grimes, Ana Maria Pacheco and Paula Re
FOUR internationally-recognised artists are exhibiting their work at Ely's Babylon Gallery until February 11.
The exhibition, entitled Uncanny Tales, features the work of London-based artists Marcelle Hanselaar, Oona Grimes, Ana Maria Pacheco and Paula Rego.
Caroline Cawley at ADeC said: "Uncanny Tales is a fascinating and thought-provoking exhibition of four of the strongest figurative artists working in the UK today.
"This is the first time these artists have been shown together and although each of them has a distinct and personal way of telling tales, they share a passion for expressing the savage, erotic or subconscious aspects of life.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition will feature paintings, etchings and lithograph work.
INFO: For more information, visit www.babylongallery.co.uk
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
The gallery is open from 10am-4pm from Tuesday to Saturday and from 11am-5pm on Sundays and Bank Holidays. Please note that the exhibition contains strong sexual imagery.