Exhibition at Ely Museum will celebrate 100 years of the Women’s Institute
- Credit: Archant
To celebrate the centenary of the Women’s Institute, the Isle of Ely Federation of WIs is hosting an exhibition at Ely Museum.
Clare Mansfield said: “It is a lasting tribute to the ‘inspired and inspiring women’ who have lived and worked in the Isle of Ely during the past 100 years.
“Our hope is that this exhibition will bring, to all those who see it, a greater understanding of the relevance, importance and the continuous influence of the WI movement and the role of women.”
The exhibition, which is the culmination of three years’ work by members of the WI and the community, was made possible by a grant from the Heritage Lottery Fund.
“One of the most important outcomes of the project is that all WI archives are now in safe storage in the correct conditions at the Wisbech and Fenland Museum,” Clare added.
You may also want to watch:
If you have any more WI records contact Rosemary Green on 01353 661508 to arrange for them to be transferred into storage.
The exhibition will be at the museum from Saturday 12 November to Monday 5 December.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines