Excellence award for Peacocks Tearoom in Ely
PEACOCKS Tearoom in Ely has won an Award of Excellence in the UK Tea Council s coveted Top Tea Place 2008 awards. The award, is now in its 23rd year, saw Tea Guild judges go incognito into the tearoom, which has been open for less than three years and ha
PEACOCKS Tearoom in Ely has won an Award of Excellence in the UK Tea Council's coveted Top Tea Place 2008 awards.
The award, is now in its 23rd year, saw Tea Guild judges go incognito into the tearoom, which has been open for less than three years and has more than 65 varieties of tea, to award points for the variety and quality of the teas, excellent service, décor, ambience, presentation and value for money.
The judges were so impressed with the quality of the afternoon tea served at Peacocks Tearoom, run by George Peacock and Rachel Lemkov, that they awarded them high marks in every category.
Mrs Lemkov said: "We have done quite well really as this is the third year on the trot that we have won it. Last year we won best tearoom in the country so we are going from strength to strength."
You may also want to watch:
INFO: Peacocks Tea Room is on Waterside, Ely.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut