Ex commando talks at an annual reunion lunch in Soham
- Credit: Archant
The annual reunion lunch for former Soham Grammar School pupils is to enjoy a talk by an ex commando.
Mike Barningham, ex-Royal Marine Commando and now structural engineer, is perhaps the Grammarians’ regular attender travelling the furthest. Mike came to the school in 1960.
He lives in Mexico and works in Nigeria and will be giving the talk at this year’s reunion lunch on Saturday October 1 at 12.30 for 1.30pm.
It is in Beechurst Hall, the old SGS Assembly Hall, at Soham Village College.
Soham Grammar School’s catchment area includes Soham and the surrounding villages but also Ely, Cambridge and Newmarket.
Partners, relatives or supporting friends who enable old boys to attend may enjoy the company and are welcome.
All bookings must be received by September 19.
- 1 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 2 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 3 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 4 Family business claims two awards in face of pandemic pressure
- 5 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 6 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 7 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
- 8 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 9 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 10 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
The price is £28 per head including wine for a three course meal and tea or coffee with cheese and biscuits.
The booking form can be found on the Soham Grammarians’ website or contact John Dimmock on 01638 742079 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or someone you know attended Soham Grammar School or was on the staff, the Grammarians hope you will make contact even if you can’t make it this year.