Ex commando talks at an annual reunion lunch in Soham
- Credit: Archant
The annual reunion lunch for former Soham Grammar School pupils is to enjoy a talk by an ex commando.
Mike Barningham, ex-Royal Marine Commando and now structural engineer, is perhaps the Grammarians’ regular attender travelling the furthest. Mike came to the school in 1960.
He lives in Mexico and works in Nigeria and will be giving the talk at this year’s reunion lunch on Saturday October 1 at 12.30 for 1.30pm.
It is in Beechurst Hall, the old SGS Assembly Hall, at Soham Village College.
Soham Grammar School’s catchment area includes Soham and the surrounding villages but also Ely, Cambridge and Newmarket.
Partners, relatives or supporting friends who enable old boys to attend may enjoy the company and are welcome.
All bookings must be received by September 19.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
The price is £28 per head including wine for a three course meal and tea or coffee with cheese and biscuits.
The booking form can be found on the Soham Grammarians’ website or contact John Dimmock on 01638 742079 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you or someone you know attended Soham Grammar School or was on the staff, the Grammarians hope you will make contact even if you can’t make it this year.