Event in son’s memory
LITTLEPORT Leisure Centre hosted a busy day of activities on Saturday, raising £720 for Milton Children s Hospice. Women and children competed in a netball competition, while other events included a football match and a darts competition. Amanda Dodman,
LITTLEPORT Leisure Centre hosted a busy day of activities on Saturday, raising £720 for Milton Children's Hospice.
Women and children competed in a netball competition, while other events included a football match and a darts competition.
Amanda Dodman, who works at the leisure centre, has organised the annual event for the last five years in memory of her son, Ross, who was cared for at the hospice.
She said it is hoped that this year's event will raise more than ever before, and that it will be followed up with an adult and junior pool compettition and quiz night on
Friday, June 16.
INFO: For more information, contact the leisure centre on 01353 860600.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 7 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 8 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
Photos: HELEN DRAKE