Evening of dance in Soham raises more than £1,000 for Lisa’s Fund
- Credit: Archant
An evening of dance and music in Soham organised by a dance teacher raised more than £1000 for the Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund.
The show, Step Forward, saw a collection of East Cambridgeshire dance schools and acts perform together under one roof to an audience of 120 guests.
There was an array of dance styles on show, from hip hop to ballet, tap to belly dancing.
Some of the schools involved in the event, held at The Brook, included The Feathers School of Dance, Octagon Studios and Suspects Cru from Funk It Up.
One performer who wowed the crowd in particular, was reptile handler and former zoo keeper, Grace Dickinson, who took to the stage as a ‘Snake Charming Goddess’, with her 10 foot snake, Misha, wrapped around her.
You may also want to watch:
Sara Ford, the dance teacher who organised Step Forward, said: “The support received was amazing, from the guests to the acts and everyone else who was involved.
“There was a great atmosphere on the night, an understanding of what the show was really all about – bringing together the amazing talent we have locally and celebrating it, all for a great cause.”
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 4 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 5 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 6 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 7 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 8 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 9 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 10 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
Robert Barnes, the founder of Lisa’s Fund, added: “It was so nice to have something so different raising money for the fund. The show was executed so professionally and ran so smoothly, we’ve thoroughly enjoyed having Sara and all the dancers on board.”
The total rasied on the night was £1,019.20.
If you are a local dancer or performer and would like to get involved with Step Forward in the future please e-mail email@example.com.