ET takes flight at Witchford’s second annual scarecrow hunt
- Credit: Archant
Characters from film and stage abounded in Witchford last week for the second annual scarecrow hunt.
A total of 56 scarecrows were on the trail this year, with an additional two to spot on top. The theme was film, stage or both and creators used their imaginations to come up with some amazing designs.
The Terminator stood guard outside the Post Office for the week complete with a flashing eye.
He was made by village post mistress Shelley Davies who organised the event.
She said this year’s week long scarecrow hunt followed on from last year when it was held for the first time to complement the Witchford music festival.
You may also want to watch:
“It has really gathered momentum this year, we had 56 entries for people to search for around the village and there were two late entries who sadly didn’t make it on to the trail sheet. There were some amazing scarecrows for people to spot.
“It is a really great community event, we try to encourage everyone to walk or cycle round if they can to be environmentally friendly. They have a whole week to complete the hunt and submit their entries. All they had to do is find the address and note down what the scarecrow represented,” explained Mrs Davies, who launched the event with a barbecue outside the Post office.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
The winning entry was ET by Becca Green and Steve Parrish. The winners of the scarecrow hunt was the Underwood family from Victoria Green.