Cocaine worth £12,000 and £6,000 in cash uncovered in police raid at Chettisham house
- Credit: Archant
Cocaine worth £12,000 and over £6,000 in cash was uncovered by police when they raided a house in Chettisham after a “clumsy” dealer left his back door unlocked.
Erjon Madani, of Lynn Road, has been charged with possession of Class A drugs with intent to supply cocaine and acquire/use/possess criminal property.
The 27-year-old was arrested on Friday (December 13) at his home by the Southern Impact Team following a section 23 misuse of drugs act warrant.
"The Southern Impact Team were back disrupting organised crime on Friday and locking up suspected drug dealers," said a police spokesman.
"The team executed a drugs warrant in Chettisham, with the clumsy dealer leaving his back door unlocked. In an advent calendar style, this was the chosen door.
You may also want to watch:
"Over the Christmas period expect to see the Southern Impact Team raiding houses near you.
"Like Father Christmas we always appreciate a mince pie and glass of milk if there is one going spare."
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
Madani is due to appear at Peterborough Magistrates' Court.