Entire shed stolen in Stretham raid
AUDACIOUS thieves made off with an entire shed in a raid on a supplier in Stretham.
It is believed that a gang of thieves loaded a wooden Dutch barn shed from a suppliers on the A10 Cambridge Road onto the back of a flat-bed lorry at about 10.40pm on June 18.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “It is believed a blue lorry may have been used by the offenders.
“The barns are very heavy and would have required a number of people to help move it onto the lorry. We would urge anyone who saw the barn being driven off through Ely on the night or knows where it is now to call police.”
The spokesman added that, after loading on the shed, thieves headed towards Stretham.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 2 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 3 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 5 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 6 Election 2021: Counting gets under way in East Cambridgeshire
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 9 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 10 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'