Entire shed stolen in Stretham raid
AUDACIOUS thieves made off with an entire shed in a raid on a supplier in Stretham.
It is believed that a gang of thieves loaded a wooden Dutch barn shed from a suppliers on the A10 Cambridge Road onto the back of a flat-bed lorry at about 10.40pm on June 18.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire police said: “It is believed a blue lorry may have been used by the offenders.
“The barns are very heavy and would have required a number of people to help move it onto the lorry. We would urge anyone who saw the barn being driven off through Ely on the night or knows where it is now to call police.”
The spokesman added that, after loading on the shed, thieves headed towards Stretham.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 2 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 5 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 6 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 9 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout