Ely Inner Wheel’s Enid awarded certificate and plate to mark 50 years’ membership
- Credit: Archant
A woman who has been a member of an Ely club for 50 years was awarded for her long-standing service.
Enid Bedford received a commemorative plate and certificate to celebrate the achievement at the lastest Ely Inner Wheel Club meeting.
The plate and certificate were given by the District 8 chairman Linda Fellas, whose first duty of the evening was to make the presentation.
A club spokesman said: “Enid’s look of surprise when her husband John magically appeared at her side, made the day.”
The district chairman’s next duty was to induct new member Johanna Partridge who the club is very happy to have welcomed.
You may also want to watch:
After a ploughman’s supper prepared and served by the committee, Linda told members about herself and her life.
The normal monthly business meeting was held afterwards.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 5 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 9 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 10 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
The Inner Wheel Association was founded in support of Rotary in Great Britain and Ireland during the 1920’s, became international in 1967 and now has clubs in 98 countries.
Belonging to Inner Wheel gives members the opportunity to share friendships in clubs and districts throughout the world.