Ely Inner Wheel’s Enid awarded certificate and plate to mark 50 years’ membership
- Credit: Archant
A woman who has been a member of an Ely club for 50 years was awarded for her long-standing service.
Enid Bedford received a commemorative plate and certificate to celebrate the achievement at the lastest Ely Inner Wheel Club meeting.
The plate and certificate were given by the District 8 chairman Linda Fellas, whose first duty of the evening was to make the presentation.
A club spokesman said: “Enid’s look of surprise when her husband John magically appeared at her side, made the day.”
The district chairman’s next duty was to induct new member Johanna Partridge who the club is very happy to have welcomed.
You may also want to watch:
After a ploughman’s supper prepared and served by the committee, Linda told members about herself and her life.
The normal monthly business meeting was held afterwards.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
The Inner Wheel Association was founded in support of Rotary in Great Britain and Ireland during the 1920’s, became international in 1967 and now has clubs in 98 countries.
Belonging to Inner Wheel gives members the opportunity to share friendships in clubs and districts throughout the world.