English language café to launch in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A new English language café is launching in Littleport next week.
The drop-in café launches this Monday, October 23, from 10.30-11.30 am and will be held weekly at Habis, 23 Main Street, CB6 1PH.
Entry is free and there is no need to book a place. Refreshments will be available.
General manager Javier Gomez Serrano, and head chef Fabian, who have moved to the village from Spain, said they are looking forward to hosting the new voluntary community venture.
Erika Urboniene, local businesswoman and owner of Erika’s Barber Shop, who is originally from Lithuania, said: “This is just what I and some of my friends have been looking for.
“A nice place to chat in English - with someone to tell us how to say things properly while we drink coffee.”
Cathy Gibb-de Swarte, one of the volunteer tutors, and joint organiser with partner Lyn, said: “We are happy for people from every country and culture to come along and enjoy learning conversational English. It’s very important for people to understand, and be understood, in their everyday life here.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
Search The Littleport English Language Café on Facebook for more information.