English language café to launch in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A new English language café is launching in Littleport next week.
The drop-in café launches this Monday, October 23, from 10.30-11.30 am and will be held weekly at Habis, 23 Main Street, CB6 1PH.
Entry is free and there is no need to book a place. Refreshments will be available.
General manager Javier Gomez Serrano, and head chef Fabian, who have moved to the village from Spain, said they are looking forward to hosting the new voluntary community venture.
Erika Urboniene, local businesswoman and owner of Erika’s Barber Shop, who is originally from Lithuania, said: “This is just what I and some of my friends have been looking for.
You may also want to watch:
“A nice place to chat in English - with someone to tell us how to say things properly while we drink coffee.”
Cathy Gibb-de Swarte, one of the volunteer tutors, and joint organiser with partner Lyn, said: “We are happy for people from every country and culture to come along and enjoy learning conversational English. It’s very important for people to understand, and be understood, in their everyday life here.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Search The Littleport English Language Café on Facebook for more information.