English language café to launch in Littleport
- Credit: Archant
A new English language café is launching in Littleport next week.
The drop-in café launches this Monday, October 23, from 10.30-11.30 am and will be held weekly at Habis, 23 Main Street, CB6 1PH.
Entry is free and there is no need to book a place. Refreshments will be available.
General manager Javier Gomez Serrano, and head chef Fabian, who have moved to the village from Spain, said they are looking forward to hosting the new voluntary community venture.
Erika Urboniene, local businesswoman and owner of Erika’s Barber Shop, who is originally from Lithuania, said: “This is just what I and some of my friends have been looking for.
You may also want to watch:
“A nice place to chat in English - with someone to tell us how to say things properly while we drink coffee.”
Cathy Gibb-de Swarte, one of the volunteer tutors, and joint organiser with partner Lyn, said: “We are happy for people from every country and culture to come along and enjoy learning conversational English. It’s very important for people to understand, and be understood, in their everyday life here.”
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 9 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 10 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
Search The Littleport English Language Café on Facebook for more information.