Emma moves out of her ‘comfort zone’ to complete course supported by Ely Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
Emma Sims told Ely Rotarians of her experiences on a week-long confidence building course which saw her challenged mentally and physically.
Emma, who works at Whiting and Partners accountants, took part in the Rotary District 1080 week-long residential course at the Grafham Water Centre with 48 other young people.
She successfully completed the Rotary Youth Leadership Award and she visited the recent Ely Rotary Club meeting to describe her experiences on the course.
Emma told how the course had taken her out of her ‘comfort zone’ but how she had thoroughly enjoyed the experience which she said had boosted her confidence.
She was sponsored on the course by Whiting and Partners and supported by Ely Rotary Club.
You may also want to watch:
Robin Wraight, the district RYLA organiser, from the Rotary Club of Ipswich Wolsey, presented Emma with two certificates, one for continuing professional development
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress