Emma-Luise plans marathn run fr her family
RUNNER Emma-Luise Mckenney had her family in mind when she cmmitted t run the gruelling 26-mile Lndn Marathn fr charity. Her mum, grandmther and aunt suffer frm a genetic disease which causes tunnel visin and blindness. They rely n guide dgs t
RUNNER Emma-Luise Mckenney had her family in mind when she cmmitted t run the gruelling 26-mile Lndn Marathn fr charity.
Her mum, grandmther and aunt suffer frm a genetic disease which causes tunnel visin and blindness.
They rely n guide dgs t help them keep their independence and Emma-Luise, 28, will run the marathn in the hpe f raising £1,500 fr Guide Dgs fr the Blind.
"I've seen the difference that they can make," said Emma-Luise, f Kingfisher Drive, Sham. Guide Dgs receive n funding frm the Gvernment and rely n peple like us - thse either crazy enugh t d things like run a marathn, r kind enugh t help give the gift f freedm and independence t a visually impaired persn.
You may also want to watch:
Emma, wh wrks as a manager at the Lantern Puffins Playschl in Ely has been training by running between Sham and Ely and has been encuraged by yungsters at the afterschl club she runs.
Emma-Luise has been frtunate nt t have inherited the genetic disease, Retinitis Pigmentsa but has every chance she culd pass it n t her children.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
"My grandmther is in her 80s and has lst all her sight," said Emma-Luise, "and my mum and aunt have nly a small percentage f their sight left. They all have guide dgs and my aunt wrks part-time fr Guide Dgs fr the Blind."
Emma, dressed in a dg suit and accmpanied by Oates is hping market day shppers will supprt her fund-raising run when she stages street cllectins n Thursday and Saturday in Ely Market Place.
Anyne wishing t spnsr Emma-Luise can dnate nline at www.justgiving.cm/emmaluisemckenney