Nine-year-old running 3k a day for brain tumour charity
- Credit: Tom's Trust
A nine-year-old boy has set himself the challenge of running 3km a day during November to raise vital funds for children with brain tumours.
Emil Skorek, from Red Lodge near Newmarket, chose to complete the challenge after being inspired by record breaking marathon runner and Tom’s Trust ambassador, Ben Blowes.
Emil, who attends Moulton CEVC Primary School, said: “After watching others like Ben raise money through running, I thought it was time to take on the challenge myself.
“I’ll be running whatever the weather, no matter how tired I feel.
“Tom was nine when he died, the same age as me, so every step I run is in his memory.”
Emil’s role model, Ben, also coaches Emil’s mum, Joanna.
Ben said: “I’m really pleased that my passion for running to raise money for charities is inspiring future generations too.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 3 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 4 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 8 Man who drove lorry at relatives sitting in garden to be detained in hospital
- 9 ‘Successful’ sixth form open evening as more courses launch
- 10 Ely gets £344,000 to upgrade CCTV and improve city centre
“I’m so proud of Emil and hope he’s really proud of himself too.”