Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- Credit: Elyte Fitness
A gym in Ely aims to raise £1,000 for Children in Need and convert the money raised into miles, which they will collectively cycle within 24-hours.
Elyte Fitness staff members Courtney Pettifor, Ollie Rutherford ad Sam Loveday will start the ‘money for miles’ challenge on November 11 at 6pm and hope to complete all the miles the following day (November 12).
The team will be splitting the miles between them, with an aim of covering 333 miles each.
If the fundraising goes above the target, members of the gym will help to get them over the final few hurdles.
Dawn Lamb, owner of Elyte Fitness, said: “We’re always looking for ways to give back to the community, especially after a challenging 18 months.
“We’ve received such amazing support so far, raising £680 of the target already.
“I’m so proud of my amazing team taking on this challenge for such an important cause,"
To donate, visit Elyte Fitness’ website.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 5 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 8 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 9 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 10 Two year ban on begging for these six