Get ready for the ninth annual Elysian Winter Beer Festival
- Credit: Archant
The Ely & District Branch of CAMRA will be holding its ninth Elysian Winter Beer Festival later this month.
Taking place at The Maltings, the festival opens from 10.30am till 10pm on Friday 26 January and from 10.30am till 8pm on Saturday 27 January.
Entry is free at all sessions for card carrying CAMRA members and there is a charge of £2 for non-members. The venue has disabled access. Hot food will be available at all sessions.
Tony Gimbert, festival organiser, said: “We will be opening with a wide selection of real ales, ciders. This year there will be a choice of over 80 real ales and ciders.
“The range of real ales will be vast from some form brand new micro-breweries as well as beers from the north of England, the Midlands and of course East Anglia.
“To add to the variety we will be having a selection of local ciders. Among others Abstract Jungle, Bexar County and Three Blind Mice breweries will each have individual bars at the festival so you may get the chance to chat with the brewers.
“The range of ales and ciders on offer has been chosen to reflect the diverse array of tastes and styles of ales, including a range of Milds, cask lagers and ciders and also gluten free and and vegan ales so we hope that there will be at least one beer to suit each customer’s palate.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
“We are really looking forward to this year’s festival and all the branch members have worked really hard to make it a success. We are so happy to be back at the Maltings. It’s a superb venue and perfect for our festival.
“So, come along and try some of the best regional real ales on offer. Even if you think you don’t like real ale, please come along and give it a try, we have something for everyone. This promises to be a right winter warmer of a Beer Festival, and we look forward to seeing you there.
“We are also looking for volunteer helpers to make the festival run smoothly. You do not need to be a CAMRA member and will be rewarded for your time and efforts.”
If you would like to help by working at the festival, download the staffing form at www.elycamrabeerfest.com/volunteering and send on to Marc Gath, staffing officer on firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit www.elycamrabeerfest.com, search ElyAndDistrictCamra on Facebook or go to www.twitter.com/ElyBeerFestival for more information.