Dinner and belly dancing display in Witchford raises hundreds
- Credit: Archant
A belly dancing workshop in Witchford raised £371 towards putting a toilet and refreshment facilities in St Andrew’s Hall.
On Monday night locals were treated to ‘serenity, beauty and intensity’ in the display of belly dancing given by Elizabeth and The Elysian Belly Dancers.
After a two-course meal, as coffees were being served, the troupe arrived to entertain guests.
“The professionalism and skill these wonderful dancers displayed was phenomenal,” said one attendee.
“And there were many of us in the audience who learned a great deal and were perhaps persuaded to think again about many of the stereotypes that pervade this art form.”
You may also want to watch:
The money will also be used to restore part of the church.
The next event is the coffee morning on Wednesday March 6 from 10am to 11.30am and the curry evening is on April 25 at 6pm. Both take place in St. Andrew’s Hall.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org