Ely youth club has new shed thanks to shoppers donations
- Credit: Archant
A YOUTH club has been able to buy a new shed to store equipment thanks to the generosity of Anglia Co-operative shoppers.
The Beet Buddies, who meets weekly at Ely Beet Sports and Social Club, Lynn Road, received a £479 donation from the Anglia Co-operative Community Fund (ACCF).
Voluntary youth leader Jo Pearson said: “It’s great. It means we can store all of our equipment on site instead of having to bring it in from all over the place each week.
“It means the children have more choice over what activities they’d like to do, which leads to them respecting their club more – we’re so grateful.”
Beet Buddies provide activities for youngsters aged between eight and 13 on Mondays from 7pm to 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more e-mail Jo at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 10 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers