Ely youth club has new shed thanks to shoppers donations
- Credit: Archant
A YOUTH club has been able to buy a new shed to store equipment thanks to the generosity of Anglia Co-operative shoppers.
The Beet Buddies, who meets weekly at Ely Beet Sports and Social Club, Lynn Road, received a £479 donation from the Anglia Co-operative Community Fund (ACCF).
Voluntary youth leader Jo Pearson said: “It’s great. It means we can store all of our equipment on site instead of having to bring it in from all over the place each week.
“It means the children have more choice over what activities they’d like to do, which leads to them respecting their club more – we’re so grateful.”
Beet Buddies provide activities for youngsters aged between eight and 13 on Mondays from 7pm to 9pm.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more e-mail Jo at email@example.com
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire