Ely youngsters Eve, Mia and Daniel to take on triathlon to raise money for hockey club’s pitch fund
- Credit: Archant
Three youngsters are to take part in a gruelling triathlon in order to raise money for Ely City Hockey Club’s pitch fund.
Eve Mintus, Mia Stringer and Daniel Torrens will embark on the cycling, swimming and running challenge in Ely this weekend and will donate all funds to the local club’s fund which has the aim of replacing it’s weathered artificial pitch.
The trio will begin the triathlon at the Paradise Pool, before cycling two miles along the River Ouse. They will complete the challenge with a one mile run.
Eve’s mum, Jacqui, said: “The club desperately needs a new all-weather pitch so the children want to do their bit to raise sponsorship.
“We’re all very excited about the challenge and about raising money for the club.”
You may also want to watch:
The young athletes have raised an impressive £565 so far.
To donate, click here.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze