Ely youngster aiming for final place in global pageant
- Credit: Archant
ELY youngster Lauren Smith has been selected to take part in a worldwide beauty pageant competition.
The Lantern School pupil has been chosen by the Face Of The Globe organisation to compete at a regional heat being held in London on September 1.
The contest has four age categories ranging from five years and up, and Lauren, who is 7-years-old, will be in the mini category.
If she is selected as one of the five representatives from that group, she will be invited to Disneyland Paris in October to compete against girls from all over the world.
All money raised at the pageant will go to the Rainbow Child Foundation, which was founded by X Factor and Dancing On Ice star Chico Slimani.
You may also want to watch:
You can follow Lauren’s progress in the contest at www.FaceOfTheGlobe.com as full results will be published on the website.
You can also support Lauren by donating on her charity page at http://www.sponsorme.co.uk/laurensmith/face-of-the-globe.aspx.
- 1 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 4 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 5 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 6 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 7 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 8 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 9 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face
- 10 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550