Ely youngster aiming for final place in global pageant
- Credit: Archant
ELY youngster Lauren Smith has been selected to take part in a worldwide beauty pageant competition.
The Lantern School pupil has been chosen by the Face Of The Globe organisation to compete at a regional heat being held in London on September 1.
The contest has four age categories ranging from five years and up, and Lauren, who is 7-years-old, will be in the mini category.
If she is selected as one of the five representatives from that group, she will be invited to Disneyland Paris in October to compete against girls from all over the world.
All money raised at the pageant will go to the Rainbow Child Foundation, which was founded by X Factor and Dancing On Ice star Chico Slimani.
You may also want to watch:
You can follow Lauren’s progress in the contest at www.FaceOfTheGlobe.com as full results will be published on the website.
You can also support Lauren by donating on her charity page at http://www.sponsorme.co.uk/laurensmith/face-of-the-globe.aspx.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'