Ely writing duo pay ‘final tribute’ to Fenland with latest book
- Credit: Archant
A bookwriting duo have teamed up to produce their ‘final tribute’ to all things Fenland with their third book.
Local authors Lorna Delanoy and Maureen Scott have combined to write their third book in three years, documenting stories and anecdotes from the area from years gone by.
Mrs Delanoy of Mepal and Mrs Scott of Littleport have released two books prior to their latest works, named ‘One Two Three,’ in an attempt to capture the essence of the Fenland area.
One half of the bookwriting pair, Lorna Delanoy, spoke of her pride for her latest, and final book.
She said: “We wanted to capture some of the words and jargon that gets used in Fenland, as we felt that they were being lost.
You may also want to watch:
Everybody has a story to tell - some are funny and some are crude!
The area is very close to both of our hearts, and this book is our final tribute to the Fens” she said.
- 1 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 8 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
Copies of ‘One Two Three’ can be purchased from the Wilburton Garden Centre for £4.50, with all proceeds going to the East Anglian Children’s Hospice in Milton.