Ely Writers’ Day is almost here - winner of short story competition announced on day
- Credit: Archant
Ely Writers’ Day, which is part of the Ely Arts Festival, takes place on Saturday July 1 at Ely Library.
Running from 10am until 3pm, the writers’ day is a free event featuring local writers and people involved in the book business.
The day is organised to motivate writers with new ideas and provide an opportunity to network. Refreshments are provided.
The results of the accompanying short story competition will be announced during the day. This year budding writers were asked to send an unpublished short story of 500 words inspired by ‘The Fens to Rosemary Westwell.
The winner will be decided by three judges and there are three cash prizes: £50 for first prize, £25 for the second and £10 for the third prize.
You may also want to watch:
Seats for the writers’ day are still available but should be booked in advance by contacting Rosemary Westwell via email@example.com
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'