Ely workmates to tackle Insane Terrain obstacle course to raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
Two Ely work colleagues will be wading in water, climbing over obstacles and sliding in mud to raise money for charity.
Ian and Louisa from Michell Instruments will take on the Insane Terrain Doddington 10k obstacle course for Ely brain injury rehabilitation centre Fen House.
The pair were both tempted to push themselves out of their comfort zone to raise as much money as possible for the centre based just off the Lynn Road.
Ian said: "This presented a great opportunity not only to do something a bit different but also use the event to generate support and sponsorship for Fen House.
"Training is underway, and your support is hugely appreciated."
Fen House is also Mitchell Instruments' chosen charity of the year, which was decided following a staff vote.
It supports those with a brain injury through specialist neurobehavioral rehabilitation, enabling individuals to function as independently as possible.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 Ely Road closed as pedestrian hit in Littleport
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 8 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
Michell Instruments, based on the Lancaster Way Business Park, is a leader in instrumentation for humidity and oxygen measurement.
Everyone at Fen House, which is part of The Disabilities Trust, would like to say a big thank you to Ian, Louisa and all the team at Michell Instruments for choosing to support them.
To donate to the Ian and Louisa's cause visit: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ian-barnish1