Ely Woman Who Failed To Provide Breath Test Is Banned From Driving
A WOMAN who refused to provide police with a breath specimen after being spotted driving erratically has been banned from driving for three years. Carole Coope, 48, was pulled over by officers on April 2 in Ely s Broad Street after complaints from residen
A WOMAN who refused to provide police with a breath specimen after being spotted driving erratically has been banned from driving for three years.
Carole Coope, 48, was pulled over by officers on April 2 in Ely's Broad Street after complaints from residents about a vehicle being driven erratically through the city.
Prosecutor Laura Mardell, told magistrates in Ely this week, "The vehicle was spotted by police in Broad Street following complaints from residents and was stopped.
"Mrs Coope admitted to officers that she had had some alcohol but failed to provide a specimen at the scene and refused to do so again at the police station."
You may also want to watch:
The court also heard that Mrs Coope, of Back Hill, Ely, was driving without third party insurance and without a valid licence.
Sentencing, magistrates in Ely disqualified Coope from driving for three years and imposed a fine of �100. The 48-year-old was also ordered to pay �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up