Ely Woman Who Failed To Provide Breath Test Is Banned From Driving
A WOMAN who refused to provide police with a breath specimen after being spotted driving erratically has been banned from driving for three years. Carole Coope, 48, was pulled over by officers on April 2 in Ely s Broad Street after complaints from residen
A WOMAN who refused to provide police with a breath specimen after being spotted driving erratically has been banned from driving for three years.
Carole Coope, 48, was pulled over by officers on April 2 in Ely's Broad Street after complaints from residents about a vehicle being driven erratically through the city.
Prosecutor Laura Mardell, told magistrates in Ely this week, "The vehicle was spotted by police in Broad Street following complaints from residents and was stopped.
"Mrs Coope admitted to officers that she had had some alcohol but failed to provide a specimen at the scene and refused to do so again at the police station."
You may also want to watch:
The court also heard that Mrs Coope, of Back Hill, Ely, was driving without third party insurance and without a valid licence.
Sentencing, magistrates in Ely disqualified Coope from driving for three years and imposed a fine of �100. The 48-year-old was also ordered to pay �85 costs and a �15 surcharge.
- 1 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 2 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 3 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 4 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 144 runners and 29 volunteers: First parkrun back is a huge success
- 7 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 8 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online