Ely fitness fan Soraya wins gold for second year running at the world’s biggest fitness event
- Credit: Archant
An Ely woman has been named the 2018 Professional Ultimate Bikini Model Champion at the world’s biggest fitness expedition for the second year running.
Soraya Barrera Coello defended her title this weekend at Bodypower and showed off all her hard work put into training this year.
Shining on stage alongside other entrants, Soraya showcased her new body physique personal bests and blew away the competition taking the gold medal for the second year running.
Soraya said: “After competing last year I knew what to expect; however having a UK Ultimate Physiques collaboration with Bodypower created a fantastic vibrant atmosphere full of energy.
“It felt great defending my title and showcasing all of my hard work this year.
You may also want to watch:
“The competition was fierce and having fun on stage again has made all the effort and evenings in the gym totally worthwhile.
“Being a two time world champion is amazing and I hope to continue inspiring women everywhere to achieve their goals.”
- 1 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 2 Lidl lists Cambridgeshire locations for ‘potential store development’
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 'Most significant' Fens archive footage in years
- 5 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 6 Pool memories and 60s celebrities - a nostalgic step back in time
- 7 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 8 Letter: Who's been pinching my dog biscuits?
- 9 Young writer's 'wonderful' poem wins competition
- 10 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
The event which took place in Birmingham last Sunday was a special invitation only event for the professional athletes who had been seen to have special talent in previous shows.
Hundreds of athletes and brands from all over the world turned up to watch the competitors and browse the latest fitness products and technology.
Soraya trains locally at The Atrium Fitness Club in Ely, receiving personal and nutritional training online via SW Fitness Ayrshire and posing classes by Hannah Rees in London.
This was the first show of the season and Soraya has three other competitions coming up between now and October.
Soraya finished third at the UK Ultimate Physique contest last autumn, after deciding to enter just six months before.
She then went on to surprise dozens of professional athletes by walking away with the top prize and a cheque for £500 at last years Ultimate Physiques Championships in Dartford.
Soraya wishes thanks to all the locals who have supported her, the coaches and the judges as well as UK Ultimate Physiques for putting the whole show together.
You can follow her fitness Instagram at: https://www.instagram.com/rayrayhudson/?hl=en and Youtube: “RayRay Hudson” if you want to keep following her progress.