Watch as Bethany says ‘yes’ after surprise proposal live on an Ely pantomime stage
- Credit: Archant
Bethany had no idea the end of a pantomime show would result in her engagement with her boyfriend Jack Stewart, who popped the question after watching Beauty and the Beast at The Maltings in Ely.
Bethany Pearson of Ely is a property manager but works part time at KD Theatre Productions, teaching dance to the cast.
It seemed like a normal end of show round-up, being asked onto the stage was not irregular for Bethany. But what happened next caught everybody off guard.
Jack came out onto the stage in a full tuxedo, he got down on one knee and popped the all important question.
The audience gasped and cheered as Bethany said ‘yes’.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Pearson, Bethany’s mum, said: “Bethany and I had no idea it was going to happen, but it turns out her dad, brother and sister and Jack’s family all knew about it.”
Lisa recorded a video, not knowing the proposal was about to take place.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
She added: “The family was hiding and came into the theatre just as Jack asked Bethany to marry him.”
“I was just so shocked to see Jack on stage in his tuxedo and that he was asking her in front of so many people.
“It was brilliant though, as the theatre means so much to Bethany and she was surrounded by her family and friends - a perfect setting.”