Watch as Bethany says ‘yes’ after surprise proposal live on an Ely pantomime stage
- Credit: Archant
Bethany had no idea the end of a pantomime show would result in her engagement with her boyfriend Jack Stewart, who popped the question after watching Beauty and the Beast at The Maltings in Ely.
Bethany Pearson of Ely is a property manager but works part time at KD Theatre Productions, teaching dance to the cast.
It seemed like a normal end of show round-up, being asked onto the stage was not irregular for Bethany. But what happened next caught everybody off guard.
Jack came out onto the stage in a full tuxedo, he got down on one knee and popped the all important question.
The audience gasped and cheered as Bethany said ‘yes’.
Lisa Pearson, Bethany’s mum, said: “Bethany and I had no idea it was going to happen, but it turns out her dad, brother and sister and Jack’s family all knew about it.”
Lisa recorded a video, not knowing the proposal was about to take place.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 6 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 7 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 8 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
She added: “The family was hiding and came into the theatre just as Jack asked Bethany to marry him.”
“I was just so shocked to see Jack on stage in his tuxedo and that he was asking her in front of so many people.
“It was brilliant though, as the theatre means so much to Bethany and she was surrounded by her family and friends - a perfect setting.”