Ely woman wins Westminster Community Award for her volunteer work
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Ely has been recognised at the Westminster Community Awards for her “outstanding contribution” to the community.
Olivia Bristol was awarded the Sir Simon Milton Award for her volunteer work at Hestia support services.
Olivia works with some of the most vulnerable women and children in Westminster.
She runs after-school sessions which offer the children a valuable opportunity to play, listen to stories, unwind after school and socialise with others living in the refuge.
She also set up a toy library in order for children to take a toy after each session so they can enjoy playing with it during the week.
You may also want to watch:
Organised by Westminster City Council and hosted by Jackie Rosenberg, chief executive of One Westminster, and Katrina Baker, area manager from Groundwork London, the evening was a celebration of Westminster volunteers and an opportunity to recognise their hard work and time given to helping projects.
It took place on July 3 at Porchester Hall.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment