Ely woman narrowly escapes serious injury after A10 collision
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a collision between two cars on the A10 on Tuesday.
The incident happened near Waterbeach at the turn-off towards Milton and was reported at just before 9am.
A blue Honda CRV being driven towards Cambridge by a 37-year-old man from Romford, Essex, left the road and entered a ditch.
The driver regained control of the car but when it got back onto the road it was in collision with a silver BMW 325 being driven by a 59-year-old woman from Ely. It then left the road again on the opposite side of the road.
Neither drive was injured but the Honda had to be recovered after hitting a tree.
You may also want to watch:
PC Mark Lappin, who is investigating, said: “I am trying to find out exactly what happened in the moments before this collision took place and would like to speak to anyone who saw the crash or either vehicle just prior.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Lappin at the roads policing unit on 101.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash