Ely Woman Critical After Fall Down The Stairs
A MAGPAS emergency medical team was called to tend an elderly woman who fell down the stairs of her Ely home. The woman, in her late seventies, is said to be in a critical condition after the fall at 11am on Thursday morning. The East Anglian Air Ambulan
A MAGPAS emergency medical team was called to tend an elderly woman who fell down the stairs of her Ely home.
The woman, in her late seventies, is said to be in a critical condition after the fall at 11am on Thursday morning.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance landed at the scene and Dr Adam Manson, critical care paramedic Jemma Varela and pilot Neil Waller from EAAA. East of England Ambulance Service was also in attendance.
The patient was intubated and ventilated at the scene taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by land ambulance.
Deborah Florence, spokeswoman for Magpas said: "Thanks to the emergency training Magpas volunteer doctors and EEAST paramedics receive and the advanced clinical equipment available aboard Anglia Two, our Emergency Medical Team was able deliver an advanced level of pre-hospital emergency medical care at the scene. It is through our working partnerships with the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust that we are able to deliver such a rapid and co-ordinated response in these circumstances.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told