Ely Woman Critical After Fall Down The Stairs
A MAGPAS emergency medical team was called to tend an elderly woman who fell down the stairs of her Ely home. The woman, in her late seventies, is said to be in a critical condition after the fall at 11am on Thursday morning. The East Anglian Air Ambulan
A MAGPAS emergency medical team was called to tend an elderly woman who fell down the stairs of her Ely home.
The woman, in her late seventies, is said to be in a critical condition after the fall at 11am on Thursday morning.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance landed at the scene and Dr Adam Manson, critical care paramedic Jemma Varela and pilot Neil Waller from EAAA. East of England Ambulance Service was also in attendance.
The patient was intubated and ventilated at the scene taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by land ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Deborah Florence, spokeswoman for Magpas said: "Thanks to the emergency training Magpas volunteer doctors and EEAST paramedics receive and the advanced clinical equipment available aboard Anglia Two, our Emergency Medical Team was able deliver an advanced level of pre-hospital emergency medical care at the scene. It is through our working partnerships with the East Anglian Air Ambulance and the East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust that we are able to deliver such a rapid and co-ordinated response in these circumstances.
- 1 100mph, 20-minute police pursuit ends with a crash – and later with jail
- 2 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 3 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 4 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 5 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 7 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 8 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
- 9 Boris offers MP Lucy Frazer new role in reshuffle
- 10 Perfect end for captain Malvin after regional final glory