Crowds pack The Maltings for Ely Wine Events Christmas festival
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of different tempting types of gin, wine, beer and vodka were on offer for a crowd of 200 who packed The Maltings for a Christmas festival.
Hosted by Ely Wine Events, the event on December 2 featured 22 exhibitors – compared to just 10 at the May festival.
Organisers Teresa and Mark Harrison said: “It was completely different to what we had done before. We’ve had lots of good feedback, too, and the raffle raised £150 for the mayor’s charity.
“We had seven local distillers, eight local wine merchants – it was very much a local thing. We’re extremely happy.
“East Anglia and Cambridgeshire have so much to offer and it’s fabulous to be able to showcase all of these products and get all these small businesses together at one time.
You may also want to watch:
“They were all learning from each other, making contacts; it was a very positive event for everybody.”
Visit www.elywineevents.co.uk for more information.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely