Ely will remember its war dead with an Armistice Day ceremony and a Remembrance Sunday service and parade
- Credit: Archant
The city of Ely will be holding a brief remembrance service on Armistice Day (November 11) to remember the city’s fallen.
There will be a 15 minute service at the War Memorial in High Street from 10.45am, followed by a two minute silence at 11am.
This will be followed by a wreath laying service. The High Street, from Dolphin Lane, will be closed during this time.
A Remembrance Day service and parade will then be held on Sunday November 13.
At 10am, Standards will parade from St Mary’s Green via St Mary’s Street, Minster Place and the Gallery into Ely Cathedral. (In the event of rain, please proceed directly to the cathedral.)
You may also want to watch:
This will be followed by the remembrance service in the cathedral.
Then at approximately 11.30am, the standards and cadets will parade from the cathedral via The Gallery, Minster Place, High Street and Market Place for a wreath laying service at the War Memorial. All ex servicemen/women, or their dependants, will be very welcome to join in the parade.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 4 'I feel alive for the first time': Slimmer lost half his body weight in lockdown
- 5 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 6 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 7 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 8 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Matt’s 46-day charity cycle from Burwell to Istanbul raises over £2,000
This will be followed at approximately 12.15pm, by the standards and troops parading past the War Memorial and up the High Street.
The Parade will be supported by The City of Ely Military Band.