Ely Watercolour Workshop collection jar donations raise £250 for Seb’s Legs
- Credit: Archant
An Ely group has helped to raise £250 for a nationally supported charity.
Members of Ely Watercolour Workshop held a collection jar during their last exhibition at the Almonry Tea Rooms and Restaurant to boost funds for Seb’s Legs.
The charity was set up to allow two-year-old Sebastian Brokenshire-Dyke, who was diagnosed with cerebral palsy spastic diplegia at just 15-months-old, to have life-changing selective dorsal rhizotomy surgery - an operation which is not routinely available in the UK.
Chris Rule, exhibition co-ordinator, said: “We have a twice yearly exhibtion which is run in the tea shop and blue room, and because it is free we hold a collection jar for charity. This time around we picked Seb’s Legs as our chosen charity.”
Seb’s Legs has now raised more than £70,000 and the excess money will go to Tree of Hope, a charity which helps families in a similar situation.
“I work with Seb’s father, James, and I’ve been involved with doing bits for the campaign throughout the year,” he said.
“I just wanted to do something to help the cause and the whole EWW group thought it was a great charity to choose.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
Ely Watercolour Workshop’s autumn exhibition which will open at 10am each day will run from Saturday October 24 until Sunday November 1. The group have not yet chosen the charity that they will support this time around.
To donate to Seb’s Legs visit www.justgiving.com/SebsLegs/