Ely Watercolour Workshop collection jar donations raise £250 for Seb’s Legs
- Credit: Archant
An Ely group has helped to raise £250 for a nationally supported charity.
Members of Ely Watercolour Workshop held a collection jar during their last exhibition at the Almonry Tea Rooms and Restaurant to boost funds for Seb’s Legs.
The charity was set up to allow two-year-old Sebastian Brokenshire-Dyke, who was diagnosed with cerebral palsy spastic diplegia at just 15-months-old, to have life-changing selective dorsal rhizotomy surgery - an operation which is not routinely available in the UK.
Chris Rule, exhibition co-ordinator, said: “We have a twice yearly exhibtion which is run in the tea shop and blue room, and because it is free we hold a collection jar for charity. This time around we picked Seb’s Legs as our chosen charity.”
Seb’s Legs has now raised more than £70,000 and the excess money will go to Tree of Hope, a charity which helps families in a similar situation.
You may also want to watch:
“I work with Seb’s father, James, and I’ve been involved with doing bits for the campaign throughout the year,” he said.
“I just wanted to do something to help the cause and the whole EWW group thought it was a great charity to choose.”
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Ely Watercolour Workshop’s autumn exhibition which will open at 10am each day will run from Saturday October 24 until Sunday November 1. The group have not yet chosen the charity that they will support this time around.
To donate to Seb’s Legs visit www.justgiving.com/SebsLegs/