Ely travel firm is shortlisted in national awards
- Credit: Archant
An Ely travel company has been shortlisted as a finalist in a national awards ceremony.
The volunteering efforts of Premier Travel have earned it a place for accolades in the Travel Weekly Agent Achievement Awards.
This is an annual event which recognises the best travel agencies in the UK.
Sue Steel, manager of Premier Travel in Ely, said: “These awards are the most prestigious in the travel trade and every travel agency wants to be shortlisted.
“We are incredibly proud that our volunteering efforts in the local community for our 80th birthday last year have been recognised.”
The firm is a finalist in the promotion of the year category after giving away 80 prizes in 80 days to customers in Ely last summer.
Staff have also volunteered more than 80 hours to charities and worthwhile causes.
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 4 Quick-thinking officer who stopped man jumping onto A14 honoured
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 7 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 8 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 9 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 10 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
The company will go up against several other travel agencies from across the UK for the awards at a ceremony in London in July.