Ely travel firm is shortlisted in national awards
- Credit: Archant
An Ely travel company has been shortlisted as a finalist in a national awards ceremony.
The volunteering efforts of Premier Travel have earned it a place for accolades in the Travel Weekly Agent Achievement Awards.
This is an annual event which recognises the best travel agencies in the UK.
Sue Steel, manager of Premier Travel in Ely, said: “These awards are the most prestigious in the travel trade and every travel agency wants to be shortlisted.
“We are incredibly proud that our volunteering efforts in the local community for our 80th birthday last year have been recognised.”
You may also want to watch:
The firm is a finalist in the promotion of the year category after giving away 80 prizes in 80 days to customers in Ely last summer.
Staff have also volunteered more than 80 hours to charities and worthwhile causes.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
The company will go up against several other travel agencies from across the UK for the awards at a ceremony in London in July.