Ely travel firm is shortlisted in national awards
- Credit: Archant
An Ely travel company has been shortlisted as a finalist in a national awards ceremony.
The volunteering efforts of Premier Travel have earned it a place for accolades in the Travel Weekly Agent Achievement Awards.
This is an annual event which recognises the best travel agencies in the UK.
Sue Steel, manager of Premier Travel in Ely, said: “These awards are the most prestigious in the travel trade and every travel agency wants to be shortlisted.
“We are incredibly proud that our volunteering efforts in the local community for our 80th birthday last year have been recognised.”
The firm is a finalist in the promotion of the year category after giving away 80 prizes in 80 days to customers in Ely last summer.
Staff have also volunteered more than 80 hours to charities and worthwhile causes.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
The company will go up against several other travel agencies from across the UK for the awards at a ceremony in London in July.