CAT Theatre Company set to take Ely back to 1837 London with their latest performance of Oliver!
- Credit: Archant
Members of Ely’s musical theatre company, CAT, are gearing up to perform ‘Oliver!’ at The Maltings in Ely.
This year’s show was chosen by Jess Wildman, who is making her directional debut with the CAT group.
Oliver tells the story of young, orphaned Oliver Twist as he navigates the London’s underworld of theft and violence, searching for a home, a family, and - most importantly - for love.
The family friendly musical will be performed on Thursday November 30 and Friday December 1 at 7.30pm, on Saturday December 2 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm, and the last performance is on Sunday December 3 at 2.30pm.
Thursday’s performance will be interpreted into British sign language for deaf and hard of hearing audience members who sign.
You may also want to watch:
Jess said: “Oliver! Is such a well-loved show, with rousing dance numbers through to emotional solos. It’s got everything you could want from a production.
“Our cast this year is just brilliant: enthusiastic, packed with talent, and all really lovely to be working with.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
“We can’t wait to bring the show to the stage.”
Tickets, £12 for adults and £10 for under 10s, are available from Burrow’s Bookshop in Ely or at www.ticketsource.co.ukcately
The doors will open 30 minutes before each performance.
If you need more information contact CAT Theatre Company at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.cattheatrecompany.co.uk