CAT Theatre Company set to take Ely back to 1837 London with their latest performance of Oliver!
- Credit: Archant
Members of Ely’s musical theatre company, CAT, are gearing up to perform ‘Oliver!’ at The Maltings in Ely.
This year’s show was chosen by Jess Wildman, who is making her directional debut with the CAT group.
Oliver tells the story of young, orphaned Oliver Twist as he navigates the London’s underworld of theft and violence, searching for a home, a family, and - most importantly - for love.
The family friendly musical will be performed on Thursday November 30 and Friday December 1 at 7.30pm, on Saturday December 2 at 2.30pm and 7.30pm, and the last performance is on Sunday December 3 at 2.30pm.
Thursday’s performance will be interpreted into British sign language for deaf and hard of hearing audience members who sign.
Jess said: “Oliver! Is such a well-loved show, with rousing dance numbers through to emotional solos. It’s got everything you could want from a production.
“Our cast this year is just brilliant: enthusiastic, packed with talent, and all really lovely to be working with.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
“We can’t wait to bring the show to the stage.”
Tickets, £12 for adults and £10 for under 10s, are available from Burrow’s Bookshop in Ely or at www.ticketsource.co.ukcately
The doors will open 30 minutes before each performance.
If you need more information contact CAT Theatre Company at email@example.com or visit www.cattheatrecompany.co.uk