Ely Tennis Club raises hundreds for Ely Foodbank at annual fundraising quiz night and supper
- Credit: Archant
Ely Tennis Club raised more than £400 for the Ely Foodbank at their annual fundraising quiz night and supper.
Cathy Wright, project director at Ely Foodbank, received the cheque from Ely Tennis Club quiz master Dai Harding OBE.
Cathy thanked the tennis club members and said: “The funds are a very welcome boost at this time of year and will be used over Christmas mainly to help local people in fuel poverty.”
She also asked that local people donate Christmas items to the drop off points at supermarkets around the city in early December so items can be sorted and distributed in good time.
Dai Harding OBE said: “The packed fun quiz night was held at the newly refurbished (and available for hire) Ely Outdoor Sports Association (EOSA) clubhouse in Downham Road.
You may also want to watch:
“It turned out to be the ideal venue for such an event with its kitchen facilities and well stocked bar.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 7 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire