Ely teen in running for place with professional football side
TALENTED amateur footballer Anthony Brolia has been shortlisted in a nationwide competition to win a professional playing contract with a Football League club.
Midfielder Anthony, 19, from Ely, will now take part in the first-round trials of Samsung’s Win A Pro Contract competition that could see him sign up for either Swindon Town or Leyton Orient.
More than 5,000 players from all over the country entered Win A Pro Contract – and Anthony is already through to skills testing sessions.
Anthony, who is a former Ipswich Town Academy player, said: “The competition is a great opportunity for young amateur footballers and I’m really looking forward to taking part.
“I think my best attributes ball control, passing and shooting. Hopefully the coaches will see my potential.
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s winner, Chris Smith, was a student before he signed for League One Swindon Town in February. Chris made his first team debut against Bradford City in May!
To follow Anthony’s progress in the competition please go to: www.facebook.com/samsungfootball
- 1 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 10 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini