Ely teen in running for place with professional football side
TALENTED amateur footballer Anthony Brolia has been shortlisted in a nationwide competition to win a professional playing contract with a Football League club.
Midfielder Anthony, 19, from Ely, will now take part in the first-round trials of Samsung’s Win A Pro Contract competition that could see him sign up for either Swindon Town or Leyton Orient.
More than 5,000 players from all over the country entered Win A Pro Contract – and Anthony is already through to skills testing sessions.
Anthony, who is a former Ipswich Town Academy player, said: “The competition is a great opportunity for young amateur footballers and I’m really looking forward to taking part.
“I think my best attributes ball control, passing and shooting. Hopefully the coaches will see my potential.
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s winner, Chris Smith, was a student before he signed for League One Swindon Town in February. Chris made his first team debut against Bradford City in May!
To follow Anthony’s progress in the competition please go to: www.facebook.com/samsungfootball
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 4 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 5 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 6 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 7 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 8 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl