Ely teen in running for place with professional football side
TALENTED amateur footballer Anthony Brolia has been shortlisted in a nationwide competition to win a professional playing contract with a Football League club.
Midfielder Anthony, 19, from Ely, will now take part in the first-round trials of Samsung’s Win A Pro Contract competition that could see him sign up for either Swindon Town or Leyton Orient.
More than 5,000 players from all over the country entered Win A Pro Contract – and Anthony is already through to skills testing sessions.
Anthony, who is a former Ipswich Town Academy player, said: “The competition is a great opportunity for young amateur footballers and I’m really looking forward to taking part.
“I think my best attributes ball control, passing and shooting. Hopefully the coaches will see my potential.
You may also want to watch:
Last year’s winner, Chris Smith, was a student before he signed for League One Swindon Town in February. Chris made his first team debut against Bradford City in May!
To follow Anthony’s progress in the competition please go to: www.facebook.com/samsungfootball
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 3 Town considers home for market
- 4 Village housing in disarray after all the trustees quit
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 9 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan
- 10 Author opens school’s new library