Ely teacher releases seventh book ‘Charlie and Me: 421 Miles From Home’ - and he’s already sold the film rights!
- Credit: Archant
An Ely teacher has released his seventh book - and already sold the film rights.
Mark Lowery’s seventh book, Charlie and Me: 421 Miles From Home, is described as an ‘emotionally driven’ paperback novel.
Reviewers are calling it a ‘heartbreaking yet uplifting tale of brotherly love’ and with a five star rating on Amazon, Mark’s new book is said to entertain adults and children.
Mark is a teacher at Ely St John’s and says his latest book is different from the rest. The book tells the story of two brothers who run away from home for the weekend.
Mark said: “As a teacher I’ve always written books, I write for the children in my class.
You may also want to watch:
“Normally I write humour, but this time my story is a mixture, it has some funny elements but is more emotionally driven.
“It’s already been really well received by other writers and it’s been translated into 12 different languages, I’ve sold the film rights already, too.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
‘Charlie and Me: 421 Miles From Home’ is available in most book shops, Toppings and Burrows, it is also available from Amazon.
To buy Mark’s latest book and to browse his other novels, visit https://goo.gl/MMv2cn