Teacher makes and delivers hundreds of safety visors to frontline carers
- Credit: Archant
An Ely teacher has made and delivered more than 100 safety visors to a local care company to help the fight against coronavirus.
Patrick Carberry, who is head of design and technology at King’s Ely Senior, has been busy making personal protective equipment (PPE) face shields to help out frontline staff and their patients in and around the local area.
Thanks to Patrick’s efforts Mihomecare Cambridgeshire received 110 face shields and the school team has since delivered more shields to St Mary’s Pharmacy in Ely.
Face shields have also been delivered to St Georges Medical Centre in Littleport and Hinchingbrooke Hospital in Huntingdon.
Patrick said he isn’t planning on stopping there though, as he’s busy making more to donate to other companies and organisations whose staff are working on the frontline.
Jonathan Short, registered manager at Mihomecare Cambridgeshire, said: “These face shields really will make a significant difference to our care teams, who are delivering frontline care to some of the most vulnerable people in the Cambridgeshire community.
“PPE has been a challenge to source. Every day our care staff experience new challenges, continuing to give care to those recovering from Covid-19 or showing symptoms.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 5 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 9 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 10 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
“These shields will bring confidence and safety to the people we look after, our carers and their families.
“From everyone at Mihomecare Cambridgeshire, thank you Patrick and King’s Ely.”