‘Ely Cabs 4 Jabs' will fund vaccination trips
- Credit: PA
A taxi firm is raising funds to help provide free trips for residents to get their Covid-19 vaccine.
A2B Taxi Cabs in Ely has launched a fundraiser as part of their ‘Ely Cabs 4 Jabs’ campaign, where they hope to raise £5,000 to fund between 250 and 500 journeys for elderly and vulnerable residents going to a vaccination centre.
Funds raised will go towards trips to and from the Cathedral Medical Centre in Ely, St George’s Medical Centre in Littleport and the Staploe Medical Centre in Soham.
Writing on their GoFundMe page, Jamie Edmunds said: “We want to help as many people as possible, with sneeze guards installed to all our vehicles providing a safe, clean taxi service for all those that need it.
“This is a great way to put the elderly and vulnerable at ease, as well as help us all see the light at the end of this long and dark tunnel.”
You may also want to watch:
A2B Taxi Cabs have been delivering free prescriptions across East Cambridgeshire throughout the Covid-19 pandemic.
For more information and to donate, go to: https://bit.ly/3cwT9Ls.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues