Closure date announced for Mr Simms sweet shop in Ely
- Credit: Archant
The popular Mr Simms sweet shop in Ely will close at the end of this month with shoppers invited to take part in a last day photo.
It was announced at the start of August that the store in High Street would be shutting their doors due to “business rates and fading footfall”.
In a post on Facebook yesterday (August 9) it said that August 31 would be their last day.
It read: “Mr Simms Ely will close at 5.30pm on Friday August 31.
“We’ve arranged an end-of-term photo to be taken outside the shop at 5.45pm and hope you’ll be able to join us.
“Please support your local independent retailer.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 5 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 8 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 9 Students ‘over the moon’ to receive letter from The Queen during project
- 10 Inclusivity at the heart of Dr Pip's goals ahead of Ely by-election
David Learner, owner and manager, said the closure came with “great sadness” and that the past five years had been “truly extraordinary”.
City of Ely Council launched a survey to find out how they could better support businesses earlier this week.