Student makes it through to Miss Cambridgeshire final 2018 while raising as much money as she can for charity
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old university student has made it to the finals of Miss Cambridgeshire and plans to raise £1,000 for the competition’s charity.
The Ely New Look employee, Hannah Norris, is heading to the final on April 22 with the aim of taking home the ‘Miss Cambridgeshire’ crown.
Hannah, the previous Long Road sixth form student is studying Sport and PE at the University of Bedfordshire.
In amongst it all, she teaches gymnastics at the Huntingdon Gymnastics Club.
Miss Norris is juggling her university, gymnastics coaching and part time job to raise as much money as she can for the Beauty with a Purpose charity.
The charity is partnered with ‘Miss World’ and it helps provide much-needed funds for deprived children.
Talking of the charity, Hannah said: “It has helped raise hundreds of thousands of pounds to be used here in the UK.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 6 Girl, 7, left heartbroken after beloved rabbits are stolen
- 7 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 8 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 9 Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 10 Princess Anne waves from Range Rover after landing in Wisbech
“It helps disadvantaged children such as funding adapted wheelchairs, mini buses and special sensory equipment; it is such an incredible cause.”
She has already raised between £400 and £500 hosting various fundraising activities such as a street party, raffles and along with another contestant, a fancy dress evening.
After her event, in a post on Instagram, she said: “So incredibly proud of myself and @alissadaisy (Alissa King-Underwood, Miss Cambridgeshire 2016).
“Our Great Gatsby charity event in aid of Beauty with a Purpose raised £200.
“Everyone seemed to have an amazing night and we did too!
“We would like to say thank you again to everyone who performed and bought a ticket, baked cakes and donated to the raffle.”
Miss Norris spoke of the upcoming final and said she “couldn’t wait”.
She added: “I’m in the middle of raising money for Beauty with a Purpose and although it’s been tricky, it’s been really fun getting everyone involved.
“My goal is to raise £1,000, but anything I make will be amazing, and I will still be proud of myself and everyone involved.
“I’m hoping to run a charity gig, featuring music from local bands, the local band element is very important.”
After university, Hannah says she is torn between wanting to become a PE teacher or a gymnastics coach.
For more information on Beauty with a Purpose charity, or to donate, visit: www.beautywithapurpose.com