Student makes it through to Miss Cambridgeshire final 2018 while raising as much money as she can for charity
- Credit: Archant
A 19-year-old university student has made it to the finals of Miss Cambridgeshire and plans to raise £1,000 for the competition’s charity.
The Ely New Look employee, Hannah Norris, is heading to the final on April 22 with the aim of taking home the ‘Miss Cambridgeshire’ crown.
Hannah, the previous Long Road sixth form student is studying Sport and PE at the University of Bedfordshire.
In amongst it all, she teaches gymnastics at the Huntingdon Gymnastics Club.
Miss Norris is juggling her university, gymnastics coaching and part time job to raise as much money as she can for the Beauty with a Purpose charity.
You may also want to watch:
The charity is partnered with ‘Miss World’ and it helps provide much-needed funds for deprived children.
Talking of the charity, Hannah said: “It has helped raise hundreds of thousands of pounds to be used here in the UK.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
“It helps disadvantaged children such as funding adapted wheelchairs, mini buses and special sensory equipment; it is such an incredible cause.”
She has already raised between £400 and £500 hosting various fundraising activities such as a street party, raffles and along with another contestant, a fancy dress evening.
After her event, in a post on Instagram, she said: “So incredibly proud of myself and @alissadaisy (Alissa King-Underwood, Miss Cambridgeshire 2016).
“Our Great Gatsby charity event in aid of Beauty with a Purpose raised £200.
“Everyone seemed to have an amazing night and we did too!
“We would like to say thank you again to everyone who performed and bought a ticket, baked cakes and donated to the raffle.”
Miss Norris spoke of the upcoming final and said she “couldn’t wait”.
She added: “I’m in the middle of raising money for Beauty with a Purpose and although it’s been tricky, it’s been really fun getting everyone involved.
“My goal is to raise £1,000, but anything I make will be amazing, and I will still be proud of myself and everyone involved.
“I’m hoping to run a charity gig, featuring music from local bands, the local band element is very important.”
After university, Hannah says she is torn between wanting to become a PE teacher or a gymnastics coach.
For more information on Beauty with a Purpose charity, or to donate, visit: www.beautywithapurpose.com