Ely student Freya vying for Miss Cambridgeshire title
Ely student Freya Scott is competing for the title of Miss Cambridgeshire.
Freya, 18, will go head-to-head with more than 30 other competitors at Anstey Hall, in Cambridge, on February 15 for the county crown and for the chance to move on to compete for the Miss England crown.
Freya will hope to follow in the footsteps of Cambridge University medical student Carina Tyrell, 24, who was crowned Miss Cambridgeshire in 2014 and went on to win Miss England and compete at Miss World.
Freya works at department store Cutlacks, in Fore Hill, Ely, and studies at Ely College Sixth Form.
After completing her studies, she aims to go on to the University of Leeds to work towards a degree in business.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “There are seven different rounds, which include a Miss Social Media, Miss Brainy Beauty, Miss Charity, and one of the rounds, Miss Popular, which is given to the person who receives the most voted on there online website.
“Each direct winner of each of these rounds will go straight into the top 10. At the end of the evening, one of the top 10 girls will be crowned Miss Cambridgeshire, and will go on to compete at Miss England.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
Freya is also planning to run a event at the college to raise funds for the Beauty with a Purpose charity.
To vote for Freya, text MISS CAMBS32 to 63333, which will contribute to the Miss Popular round. Texts costs 50p plus standard network rates.