Ely student Claire, 19, has head shaved for Cancer Research and the Little Princess Trust
- Credit: Archant
A student from Ely has had her head shaved in aid of Cancer Research.
Nineteen-year-old Claire Wilde had her head shaved at The Atrium Club today. Her locks will be donated to the Little Princess Trust, who provide wigs and hair pieces for children who suffer hair loss due to cancer treatment.
Claire’s efforts have so far raised £220.
She said: “It was a really hot day at the end of June and I said jokingly to a friend I wish I didn’t have hair because it was so hot, it was horrible.
“I had quite long, curly hair and my friend said I should shave it off. I said no way but I thought about it and actually I decided I could do it for charity.”
You may also want to watch:
You can still donate at https://www.justgiving.com/Claire-Wilde/
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'