Ely student Charmaine’s snap earns her recognition at national photography competition
- Credit: Archant
A budding photographer from King’s Ely is celebrating after coming runner in second place in a prestigious photography competition.
Charmaine Wong, 17, finished as a runner up in the 2016 Ilford Photo HARMAN Technology Limited competition for photography students.
The theme for the competition, which received more than 900 entries, was ‘Pretty Ugly’ and Charmaine’s image, entitled ‘Central Hong Kong’, was runner up in the digital category.
Charmaine will not only receive a special certificate but also a £75 voucher to spend on photography equipment of her choice.
Her striking image will also feature on numerous social media channels, including Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
You may also want to watch:
Head of photography at King’s Ely Senior, Antonio Longo, said: “I am so pleased with this result for Charmaine. She has been working hard in capturing the visual elements throughout her series of Hong Kong urban landscapes. Her image shows viewpoint and scale perfectly, and brings with it drama.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Man found dead in March