Ely photography student snaps her way to victory
- Credit: Archant
A King’s Ely photography student snapped her way to victory in an annual competition thanks to her a ‘striking’ image of her rural surroundings.
Alice Edwards, who is in Year 11 at King's Ely Senior, won the top prize in this year's 'Pauline's Swamp Photography Competition' with her striking image, 'Grass from the Ground'.
Antonio Longo, head of photography at King's Ely Senior, said: "Alice has created a fantastic photograph which captures the essence of her rural surroundings. She should be very proud of her achievement.
"Alice has chosen 'street photography' as her GCSE Photography Sustained Project for her coursework, which she shows a real talent for people watching.
Pauline's Swamp is located in Burwell and parish records of the swamp date back to around 1805.
It came into the possession of the Hawes family in 1992 and was then looked after by Paul Hawes, who donated it in a 'deed of trust' to Burwell Parish Council in 2007 in memory of his wife.
A photography competition is held each year to tie in with the swamp's annual autumn activity and open day, which took place in September.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’